Thursday, July 6, 2017

Creamy Swiss Chard


You should stop whatever you are doing and make this. Or at the very least put Swiss Chard on your grocery list and read on. I love this, the coconut makes the chard a bit sweet, and so creamy with a spice from the pepper flakes. I usually use ground dried Thai chili powder but red pepper flakes are great and I have used them also. I've had this for dinner, for breakfast. It's so yummy. You won't even miss the cream!
 Here are a couple recent meals with this yummy chard. Spinach would be wonderful cooked this way also!


Creamy Swiss Chard

1 tablespoon olive oil, or avocado oil
2 cloves garlic smashed
1/2-3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
5-6 cups Swiss Chard washed and chopped, stems cut into smaller pieces (0.5-1 inch) and set aside.
8 ounces canned unsweetened coconut milk
Lemon or lime juice to taste
salt
pepper

  1. Heat oil in a saute pan on medium.
  2. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook just until fragrant.
  3. Add Swiss Chard stems and cook until almost tender.
  4. Add Swiss Chard leaves and cook until wilted.
  5. Stir in coconut milk until creamy.
  6. Season with lemon juice, salt, pepper.

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.